Wednesday 15 November 2017

100WC Week 10

100 Word Challenge

My husband lifts his bruised fingers with glimmering jewelry and money.
"They're invading France, they will find this soon enough. Where would we hide it all?"

"Is under the bed -"

"It's too obvious."

I pluck up an ancient velvet box and stalk over to a laundry basket stuffed with fading clothes worn from work, find a rusty key. Then striding over to the white painted closet I open it with the key, there lay a gleaming safe.
"Here."

~ Katherine

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katherine,

    Brilliant story! You used lots of interesting adjectives which really helped set the scene. I also liked your use of dialogue. You made it very obvious as to which character was saying what without disrupting the flow of the story.

    I assume this story is set during the German invasion of France in the WWII. The Nazis stole lots of gold and jewellery from people all over Europe, especially from Jewish people. If so, well done on using a historical setting.

    Keep up the good work,

    Michael (Team 100wc), Warwick, UK.

    ReplyDelete

100wc Week 12

“BEEP, BEEP, BEEP”.  Ugh I groan in misery.  It’s monday morning.  A school day.  Leaping out of bed, quickly getting dressed, I hurried o...